Imagine studying in a place where you can enjoy the sun, the sea, and the culture, while also getting a high-quality education and a visa that opens the doors to Europe. Sounds like a dream, right? Well, it’s not. It’s Malta.
Malta is a small island nation in the Mediterranean Sea that is part of the Schengen area. This means that a visa from Malta allows you to travel to other Schengen countries without any hassle.
Malta is also a great destination for international students because it has a high-quality education system, a rich culture, and a friendly environment. In this blog post, I will tell you everything you need to know about studying in Malta, including the benefits, the requirements, and the process.
Whether you want to advance your career, pursue your passion, or change your field, there is a course in Malta for you. And I’m here to help you find it. So, are you ready to discover the amazing opportunities that Malta has to offer? Then keep reading!
Why Study in Malta?
Malta is a hidden gem for international students who want to pursue their higher education in Europe. Here are some of the reasons why you should study in Malta:
- You do not need IELTS/GRE. Malta is an English-speaking country, so you do not need to prove your English proficiency with any test. You can apply for any course in Malta with your WAEC or any other equivalent qualification.
- You do not need a supervisor for MSc admission. Unlike other countries, Malta does not require you to have a supervisor for your master’s degree. You can choose your own research topic and work independently or with a team of your choice.
- No form of legalization or authentication. Malta does not require you to legalize or authenticate your documents with any authority. You can simply scan and upload your documents online and submit them with your application.
- No visa appointment date hassles. Malta has a fast and easy visa process for international students. You do not need to book an appointment or wait for a long time to get your visa. You can apply for your visa online and get it within a few weeks.
- Programs are straight to the point with internship packages. Malta offers a wide range of programs that are relevant, practical, and flexible. You can choose from different fields of study, such as business, engineering, health, arts, and more. You can also benefit from internship opportunities that will help you gain valuable work experience and network with potential employers.
- You get your PR in 5 years. Malta is a great place to live and work after your studies. You can apply for permanent residency after living in Malta for 5 years. You can also enjoy the benefits of being a citizen of the European Union, such as free movement, health care, and social security.
- You need 10-13M for everything. Malta is one of the most affordable destinations for international students in Europe. You can study in Malta with a budget of 10-13 million naira, which covers your tuition fees, living expenses, visa fees, and travel costs.
What are the Requirements for Admission and Visa Processing?
If you are interested in studying in Malta, you need to meet the following requirements for admission and visa processing:
- Academic CV. You need to prepare a professional CV that highlights your academic achievements, skills, and interests. You can use this [template] to create your CV.
- Scanned copies of your transcript. You need to scan and upload your transcript from your previous level of education. Your transcript should show your grades, courses, and credits. You can use this [tool] to convert your grades to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS).
- International Passport. You need to have a valid international passport that has at least 6 months of validity and two blank pages. You need to scan and upload the bio-data page of your passport with your application.
- WAEC original. You need to have your original WAEC certificate or any other equivalent qualification that proves your completion of secondary education. You need to scan and upload your certificate with your application.
- Personal Statement. You need to write a personal statement that explains your motivation, goals, and suitability for the course you are applying for. You can use this [guide] to write a good personal statement.
- One reference letter from either your lecturer or current employer. You need to have a reference letter from someone who knows you well and can vouch for your academic or professional performance. The letter should be on a letter headed paper, fully signed and stamped. You need to scan and upload the letter with your application.
- One passport-sized photo on a white background. You need to have a recent passport-sized photo that shows your face clearly and has a white background. You need to scan and upload the photo with your application.
How to Apply for a Course and a Visa in Malta?
If you have all the requirements ready, you can follow these steps to apply for a course and a visa in Malta:
- Step 1: Find a course and a school that suits your needs. You can use this website to search for different courses and schools in Malta. You can filter by level, field, duration, and fees. You can also see the ranking, location, and accreditation of each school.
- Step 2: Fill out the online application form and upload your documents. You can apply for your chosen course and school through their official website. You need to fill out the online application form and upload your documents.
- Step 3: Wait for the admission decision and the acceptance letter. You will receive an email from the school informing you about the admission decision and the acceptance letter. The acceptance letter will contain the details of your course, fees, and start date. You need to print and sign the acceptance letter and send it back to the school.
- Step 4: Apply for your visa online and pay the visa fee. You can apply for your visa online. You need to fill out the online visa application form and upload your documents.
- Step 5: Wait for the visa decision and the visa sticker. You will receive an email from the Maltese embassy informing you about the visa decision and the visa sticker. The visa sticker will be affixed to your passport and will allow you to enter Malta. You need to collect your passport from the embassy or the courier service.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Can I use the legalization of my documents from one country to apply for another country in the Schengen area?
A: No, you cannot use the legalization of your documents from one country to apply for another country in the Schengen area. You need to legalize your documents for the specific country that you are applying for. Each country in the Schengen area has its own legalization requirements and procedures.
Studying in Malta is a great opportunity for international students who want to pursue their higher education in Europe. Malta offers a high-quality education system, a friendly environment, and a visa that gives you access to other Schengen countries.
You can study in Malta with a budget of 10-13 million naira, which covers everything you need. You can also apply for permanent residency after living in Malta for 5 years. If you are interested in studying in Malta, you need to meet the requirements for admission and visa processing and follow the steps to apply for a course and a visa.
I hope this blog post has helped you understand how to study in Malta and inspired you to take action. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading and good luck with your studies!
Also read: How to Travel to the UK with a Student Visa in 2024
Top 10 Fully Funded Scholarships in the UK for International Students
Vital Tips for Your 2024 German Study Visa Application
US Work Visa Options for Nigerians in 2024
Everything You Need to Know About Getting a Canadian Visa from Nigeria in 2024